Sally Nixon's illustrations are one of the best ways to peek inside the life of a woman when she is not around people.
Women are everywhere, aren't they? They are gorgeous, bold, strong and weird too. However, most women only show their gorgeous, strong and bold part to the world, and are weird only when they are alone, out from the scrutiny of the people. It wouldn't be the wrong thing to say that in this world, the life of a woman goes through a lot of challenges while they are out in the world. But, when they are alone, they have their own zone in which they are most comfortable.
Sally Nixon's illustrations are one of the best ways to peek inside the life of a woman when she is not around people. In Sally's illustrations, the subject is not aware that anyone is looking at them. In her illustrations, women are living freely in a world, by themselves, all alone, without worrying about men and society. "I like drawing girls doing their everyday routine — just hanging out, not worried about what others are thinking," Nixon told Upworthy. "They’re usually alone or with other girls. Their guard is down."
1. What a beautiful world it is when there is no one watching, and you can just talk and be silly with your dog.
2. Women look beautiful even if they are messy.
3. They do not have to worry about their priorities while they are alone. Pizza will always be their bae.
4. After a long tiring day, there's nothing like unwinding with yourself and your pet.
5. "I don’t sit around smiling to myself," Nixon said, noting the double standard that exists in thinking women should always appear cheerful. "I’ve been told, ‘You need to smile more.' It’s so infuriating. I wanted to show the way girls actually look, comfortably."
6. Women love to spend time with themselves because they know the burden of being out in the crowd and not being heard. At least when they are alone, they can talk to themselves.
7. "There’s a little bit of beauty in [everyday life] and I wanted to bring that out," said the illustrator.
8. Women are not always up to something, just like anyone else, they too need time to sit, relax, halt and do nothing at all.
9. They spend their time watching and doing things that they love and include only their wishes and choices.
10. They do not have to feel shy for admiring themselves in the mirror and can do that as long as they want.
11. “It’s important that the women I draw aren’t rail thin with huge boobs,” Nixon said. “I think there are enough images of bodies like that out in the world. The ladies I draw typically have small-ish, droopy breasts and thick thighs. They’re kind of lumpy but in an attractive way. Just like real people.”
12. They indulge in self-care because they really want to look the best for themselves, and not for anyone else in this world.