What do you have in mind when you hear 'classic paintings'? Classical paintings are often associated with antiques and old school. Likewise with the models in classical paintings, people who come from years ago.
There are some figures that appear in other paintings. They include Mona Lisa, Vincent Van Gogh, Frida Kahlo and many others. The figures are very mysterious and distinctive in ancient style.
It all started when booooom.com partnered with Adobe to create the Remake project, which invited students across the UK to recreate famous works of art with photography. According to competition requirements, there are no images that recreate oil paintings that can be photographed - "all the work here takes place before you take photos, not afterwards."
Not all images come from booooom.com and Adobe competition - some have been circulating online from other sources. However, they all follow the same rule - remake famous images without using digital effects. The coolest thing is that they display different levels of interpretation - some people go for picture-perfect representations, while others choose to focus more on general themes representing famous oil paintings, or to present the same ideas or scenes in the modern world. light.
Scroll down to check out this fantastic classic art meme!
There is one exception to this rule - the remodeling of Vincent Van Gogh by Tadas Černiauskas. Although this is a very good remake, the artist digitally retouches the image to get the correct resemblance, so it doesn't quite conform to the rules.
1. “The Creation of Adam” by Michelangelo
Image credits: gebbs
2. “Son Of Man” by Magritte
Image credits: Juan de Ezcurra
3. “Self Portrait 1889” by Vincent van Gogh
4. “Bedroom in Arles” by Van Gogh
Image credits: Joshua Louis Simon
5. “American Gothic” by Grant Wood
Image credits: Jesse John Hunniford
6. “The Persistence of Memory” by Salvador Dalí
Image credits: unknown
7. “Weeping Woman” by Picasso
Image credits: Frances Adair Mckenzie
8. “The Death of Marat” by David
Image credits: Ewa Wiktoria Dyszlewicz
9. “Ugly Duchess” by Quentin Matsys
Image credits: Alexandre Mury
10. “Wanderer above the Sea of Fog” by Caspar David Friedrich
Image credits: Spencer Harding
11. “Self Portrait” by Frida Kahlo
Image credits: Bazooka Betty
12. “Christina’s World” by Andrew Wyeth
Image credits: Meg Wachter
13. “The Girl With The Pearl Earring” by Johannes Vermeer
Image credits: unknown
14. “La laitière” by Johannes Vermeer
Image credits: Justine Rioufrait
15. “Grande Odalisque” by Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres
Image credits: Craig White
16. “Therese Revant” by Balthus
Image credits: Chloe Van Overmeir
17. “Lady with an ermine” by Leonardo da Vinci
Image credits: Wanda Martin
18. “Portrait of Sylvia Von Harden” by Wilhelm Heinrich Otto Dix
Image credits: Stephan Hoffman & SoYeon Kim
19. “La bonne foi” by Magritte
Image credits: Noemi Mazzucchelli