Like it or not, technology is increasingly taking over various fields in human life. The presence of sophisticated technology in the modern era is inevitable.
On the one hand, modern life does bring a lot of convenience to everything. However, on the other hand, modern life also brings a negative side to human life as social beings.
The presence of modern life has changed many facets of life, ranging from how to communicate, socialize, to affect human relations. As a simple example, if it used to be communication between a partner or meeting with someone or a group can be more focused, familiar and intimate, face to face, now it is increasingly difficult to obtain as the presence of modern communication technology.
Not surprisingly, in these conditions, recently many illustrations appear that insinuate human life in the modern era.
The following illustrations satirize modern life by Illustrator Mariya Zavolokina. Check them out below!
1. People are already busy with their cellphones, nobody cares anymore about the surroundings and we don't notice the miracles around us.
2. Sometimes the father is cool and busy himself with the gadget, forget his own children and wife and there's no more real talk between family members.
3. 21 years ago, parents warned their children not to play outside often. Now, parents want the opposite because children are addicted to gadgets and our kids will never know a life without technology.
4. Many things that are now only limited to ceremonial, no intimacy, like mother's day and we're trying to create an "ideal" life on social media.
5. We feel lonely even near our loved ones.
6. Social media makes people feel the most righteous, smart, and likes to blame others and easily judge others.
7. Increasingly, books as sources of knowledge are becoming more and more unfamiliar and we forgot the joy of reading real books.
8. Beautiful nature can now only be seen on television, along with environmental damage everywhere and we just keep on complaining, instead of helping.
9. We're destroying our own home, the Earth.
10. In modern life, the sea is increasingly polluted with plastic waste and our oceans are crying out for help.
11. A century ago, natural resources in the ocean were abundant. Now, the more massive exploitation, the wealth of the sea is running low and we're consuming more and more of our precious resources.
12. Politicians continue to act honestly, but actually keep a lot of lies and we believe in lies, even though deep inside we know the truth.
13. We think that we can’t change anything on our own.
More info, inquiry, and follow: Instagram
All images source and credits: Zavolokina Mariya